(J/O #4868) Weekend LIVING SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
(J/O #4868) Weekend LIVING SKILLS INSTRUCTOR - Friday 5:00pm - Sunday 5:00pm – $9.00 hr. Must have experience working with adults with disabilities and an understanding of daily living skills. Records case notes and monthly progress reports regularly. Daily operation of the one-on-ones residence in assisting with aiding in duties which include but not limited to: housekeeping, money management, cooking, medical management, and grooming and hygiene. Supervise resident(s) Money Management and disburse spending money as per Residential Manager. Responsible for resident(s) training and other activities as scheduled such as: cooking, cleaning, teaching to shop, allowing for community access, etc. Transport resident(s) using Haven Home vehicle as per daily schedule and Residential Manager (Ex: work, school, medical, recreational, and other activities/appointments). MUST have clean MVR. Apply with smart phone or PC at http://jobs.redcarpetemp.com/signup
32 hours per weekend. Friday 5:00pm- Sunday - 5:00pm. Staff is required to spend the night in staff bedroom Friday and Saturday evening and sleep time is unpaid.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide behavioral and life-skill supports to increase independence in adults with developmental disabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize positive behavior supports to encourage positive and appropriate behaviors among the resident(s) you are supporting in conjunction with their established behavior plan.
- Monitor and maintain health and safety issues of the resident(s) and the properties they are residing in.
- Be available and accessible to resident(s) living in the home and on the property, and maintain appropriate staffing to relate resident information.
- Daily operation of the one-on-ones residence in assisting with aiding in duties which include but not limited to: housekeeping, money management, cooking, medical management, and grooming and hygiene.
- Supervise resident(s) Money Management and disburse spending money as per Residential Manager
- Responsible for resident(s) training and other activities as scheduled such as: cooking, cleaning, teaching to shop, allowing for community access, etc…
- Transport resident(s) using Haven Home vehicle as per daily schedule and Residential Manager (Ex: work, school, medical, recreational, and other activities/appointments)
- Supervise resident(s) leisure time activities as per daily schedule and Residential Manager
- Report all accidents/incidents to Supervisor immediately
- Complete agency training programs in a timely manner, participate in other professional development as required and maintain all required certifications
- Assist Texarkana Resources location with support on the work floor as determined by the Production Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director, and/or Residential Manager
Case Management Services
1. Accurately records electronic case notes that are an objective, current, non-judgmental summary description of the nature and content of the contact, and actions taken as a result of the contact and focus on the plan of services for the person served. Case notes will be recorded in the case note system within 24-hours of the contact.
2. Report monthly progress notes to requesting agency on each individual served assigned to your case load.
3. Assures individuals rights of persons served are protected by educating persons served and their employers, as agreed upon by the person served, on job accommodations, assistive technology devices, adaptive work equipment, natural supports, or guidance on behavior management techniques.
*This position requires occasional travel to various off-site locations.
This position requires no personnel supervision but will require intensive supervision of an adult with a disability.
- At least 21 years of age with a High School Diploma or equivalence with one or more years of experience providing training and/or case management support to individuals with disabilities.
2. Have a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance with an acceptable driving record.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in the use of positive behavior supports, assistive technology devices, accommodations, learning styles, teaching techniques and Universal Design for Learning.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders (e.g., person served, contractors, community resources, etc).
- Knowledge, skills and abilities in identifying developmental needs unique to various diverse populations, including those of different genders, sexual orientation, ethnic group, race, and physical or mental capacity.
- Ability to work in a flexible environment, prioritizes and works effectively on multiple tasks simultaneously, and follows through on assignments and commitments.
- Excellent team player, organizational, problem solving, communication, and administrative skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of person-served information, and work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Experience working with diverse populations with a focus on individuals with disabilities.
Medium – Exert up to 30 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Physical demands are in excess of those of light work and usually requires walking or standing to a significant degree.