Quality Control/Safety Lead - Temp to Hire, (J/O #4855)
QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER/SAFETY LEAD
Summary/Objective For QC
- Ø This role will develop, implement and manage quality assurance and quality control systems designed to ensure continuous production of the company’s products and applications consistent with required standards, customer specifications, labeling and production goals.
- Ø This position ensures that the final products are safe and meet customer expectations while keeping the manufacturing process as effective and cost-effective as possible.
- Ø The Quality Control Manager will need to work closely with different teams to drive a quality culture into the manufacturing, packaging, shipping, inventory and receiving operations.
- Ø This position must be able to identify quality weaknesses throughout the workflow and establish guidelines to detect and remedy quality issues.
- Ø Guidelines must be established for acceptance for raw materials, manufacturing components, product handling throughout the manufacturing and production processes, finished goods standards such as color, odor, fill levels, cap torque/ leakers, visual standards, and any other quality aspects as prescribed by Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Ø The Person occupying this position must be able to instill consistency and quality throughout all aspects of the manufacturing and production processes and possess the leadership skills to enforce all standards. Quality must be built into the product, not just inspected into it.
- · Assist in developing and executing health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- · Assist in preparing and enforcing policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- · Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to all aspects of safety law and safe business practices.
- · Demonstrate reliable safety leadership to ensure everyone in the company complies with health and safety laws. This position also be responsible for helping establish policies that will create and maintain a safe workplace.
- · This position must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards. The ability to discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs is also necessary. The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce is essential.
- · The goal is to ensure the workplace meets all legal expectations and actively supports occupational health and safety.
- The Quality Control Manager is responsible for ensuring that all products leaving the plant meet the necessary specifications and product labeling as described in the marketing literature.
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Supervise workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Ensure that raw material purchases meet required specifications. May interact with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased parts.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service.
- Investigates product complaints and performs quality improvement reviews.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Provide, and oversee, inspection activity for product throughout production cycle.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
- Create and direct environmental test functions and applications.
- Maintain active role on internal continuous improvement teams.
- Investigate new technologies for improving product quality monitoring.
- Monitor advances in competitor’s products to evaluate advances in quality expectations within the region we serve.
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical capacity.Organizational skills.
- Problem Solving/Analytical skills.
- Attention to detail
- Numerical skills
- Communication skills
- Customer/Client focus.
- Time management.
- Performance management.
- Business acumen.
This position manages all employees in the Quality department and is responsible for all aspects of the performance management and hiring same.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is a sedentary role somewhat plus ; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
This is a full-time position Exempt position.
Required Education and Experience
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Chemistry or related fields.7 -10 years progressive experience in quality assurance/quality control, manufacturing operations, engineering and safety.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory/management experience.
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Total Quality Management
- Six Sigma
- Total Quality Management