Accounting Supervisor – TEMP TO HIRE (J/O #5093)
Job Description: Accounting Supervisor – TEMP TO HIRE (J/O #5093) M-F 7-4 OR M-F 8-5 $20hr Local Company seeking an Accounting Supervisor. This position provides assistance to professionals with more complex fiscal functions and problems, requiring responsible accounting and budgetary clerical work in the maintenance and review of fiscal records. Work requires independent judgments on technical accounting problems, account classifications, and budgetary problems and procedures, as determined by departmental regulations or by legal requirements. Duties involve the participation and limited supervisory responsibility for the work and activities of a unit engaged in collecting and recording of financial data. Job tasks are reviewed by a superior upon completion, for overall standards of performance, and are subject to periodic audit. Work is performed under the supervision of the Accounting/HR Manager. Must be able to pass Drug Screen and Back Ground check. Apply at http://Jobs.redcarpetemp.com/signup.
Skills Required: High school diploma supplemented by a minimum of 9 hours in accounting, from an accredited college. Must Have Bachelors or Associates with 4 yrs. accounting. Knowledge of standard accounting practices including General Ledger and proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of standard accounting practices including General Ledger and proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Essential Job Functions:
· Organizes, assigns, and distributes specific job tasks and daily work activities to other accounting personnel and themselves.
· Regularly reviews the work of subordinate accounting personnel for correctness with emphasis on instruction.
· Provide technical assistance to accounting personnel and all utility divisions.
· Computes and prepares billings to various customers for services provided and prepares supporting schedules of related personnel, material, and equipment expenses.
· Reviews periodic reports of payroll, state and federal taxes.
· Calculates and audits checks for regular and specific disbursements.
· Compiles, classifies, checks for accuracy and completeness, arranges and posts the budgetary, adjusting and closing entries in preparation for monthly and annual financial reporting dates.
· Maintain, analyze, reconcile and balance bank statements, subsidiary ledgers and journals to cash, accounts receivable, fixed assets and depreciation, and other general ledger control accounts and prepare and record all related journal entries.
· Calculates equipment, material, vehicle, and other costs monthly while perpetually maintaining proper allocation methodologies, prepares and records any related journal entries, and properly posts to all related subledgers in a timely manner.
· Computes and prepares required billings related to pumpage for wholesale customers, prepares, records any related journal entries and properly posts to all related subledgers in a timely manner.
· Prepares fiscal year end work papers and journal entries and reviews year end work of subordinate accounting staff members.
· Runs and distributes monthly financial and budget reports.
· Reviews monthly financial reports and performs any necessary research and accounting work necessary to correct any errors or exceptional items found and works with supervisor to implement controls to prevent recurrence.
· Perform related work as assigned by management personnel.
Minimum Required qualifications
· Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in accounting or majoring in accounting from an accredited college. A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or in a related business field with an accounting major is preferred.
· Knowledge of standard accounting practices including General Ledger and proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Five years practical experience in computerized accounting office occupational environment.
· Supervisory experience combined with knowledge of effective supervisory principles and practices.
· Considerable knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, purchasing, tax, inventory control, Construction in Progress and fixed assets.
· Ability to apply accounting principles to the maintenance of fiscal, budgetary, and accounting controls.
· Ability to perform detail work involving written and numeric data with rapid and accurate calculations.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with other employees, managers, and the public.
· Considerable skill in the operation and care of calculators, computers, printers, scanners and all other machines used in connection with accounting and budgetary work.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to accurately input information into a computer terminal with minimal instructions.
· Ability to quickly adapt to a complex and dynamic work load.
· Exceptional organization and time management abilities.
· Ability to perform various physical duties such as bending, sitting for extended periods, twisting, filing, seeing, hearing and shall be able to lift light weight.
· Ability to work indoors under various noise levels.