Bus Driver - TEMP TO HIRE, (J/O #5121)
Bus Driver - TEMP TO HIRE, (J/O #5121 ) Hours vary anywhere from 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday, $11.00/hr. Responsibilities include providing transportation services to all individuals, including persons with disabilities, in a safe and timely manner as well as operating company vehicles. CDL classification a PLUS but company is willing to assist in obtaining licensure. Company benefits include: Once candidate completes 60 days with company, they are eligible for medical, dental, and life insurances. They are entered into the retirement system upon hire.
Submit your employment application using your smart phone or PC to apply at https://jobs.redcarpetemp.com/signup or visit our office at 221 Laurel Street, Texarkana, AR 71854 & use one of our courtesy PCs. Call 870-772-4039 to ensure availability. Offer of Employment contingent on passing Interview Process, Background Check, & Pre-employment drug test. Additional client company duties listed below:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Transports passengers according to company policies and procedures which incorporate all applicable state and federal regulations.
2. Assists passengers in getting on and off vehicle, including passengers requiring lift equipment and/or special assistance.
3. Completes daily vehicle inspection forms, daily trip log and all other paperwork required for reporting purposes.
4. Services vehicles and fuels at local service station on an as-needed basis.
5. Completes required driver training courses, including defensive driving, CPR, first aid, passenger assistance, passenger sensitivity, blood borne pathogen and drug and alcohol abuse awareness training.
6. Collects fares/donations and completes daily vehicle report.
7. Other duties as assigned.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1.. Complies with all routing and scheduling directives.
2. Relays passenger problems to appropriate staff via mobile radio (Route Supervisor or Operations Supervisor)
High School diploma or GED; possess a valid Texas CDL license in accordance with the type of vehicle operated.
Must possess a valid Texas Commercial Drivers License with passenger endorsement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
1. Must pass a Federal Transit Administration (FTA) approved drug test and criminal records check.
2. Must possess verbal, people skills; the ability to think through situations and deal with problems constructively; and the ability to deal with stress.
3. Must be self-motivated with a clean driving record.
4. Must be able to see, hear, reach, stoop, bend, and lift and carry up to 30 pounds as required. Must possess a valid
Commercial Driver's License Class A with Passenger Endorsement a PLUS, subject to an approved motor vehicle report and reliable transportation with valid proof of insurance for travel as required.