Medical Billing - TEMP TO HIRE, (J/O #4998)
Follow Up Team Member - TEMP TO HIRE, (J/O #4998) M-F/8 am-5 pm, $12 - $20/per hr. DOE. Local company has 4 positions available. Team members will: submit claims to insurance companies, monitor & ensure payments for medical services are received in a timely manner. Will also monitor aging claims & move forward with necessary actions to resolve balances owed. Other responsibilities include reviewing patients billing for accuracy, knowledge of Medicare & Medicaid a MUST.
Under general supervision of supervisor or manager the Follow up team member is responsible for timely submission of claims to insurance companies from a wide variety of medical providers and facilities, as well as monitoring and ensuring payments for medical services are received in a timely manner. Team member will also monitor aging claims and make necessary actions to resolve balances owed for services rendered.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reviews patient bills for accuracy and completeness; obtains missing information.
• Knowledge of insurance, especially Medicare and Medicaid, rules and guidelines.
• Identify insurance company or proper party (patient) to be billed; identify and bill secondary or tertiary insurances.
• Perform coding and billing tasks on a computerized health information technology (HIT) system.
• Utilize a combination of electronic health record (EHR) and paper patient records to perform billing duties; maintain an accurate, legally compliant medical record.
• Process claims as they are paid and credit accounts accordingly.
• Review insurance payments for accuracy and compliance with contract discounts.
• Review denials or partially paid claims and work with the involved parties to resolve the discrepancy.
• Manage assigned accounts ensuring outstanding/pending claims are paid in a timely manner and contact appropriate parties to collect payment.
• Communicate with health care providers, patients, insurance claim representatives and other parties to clarify billing issues and facilitate timely payment.
• Consult supervisor, team members and appropriate resources to solve billing and collection questions and issues.
• Maintain work operations and quality by following standards, policies and procedures; escalate compliance issues to supervisor.
• Prepare reports and forms as directed and in accordance with established policies.
• Perform a variety of administrative duties including but not limited to: answering phones; faxing and filing of confidential documents; and basic Internet and email utilization.
• Provide excellent and professional customer service to internal and external customers.
• Function as contributing team member while meeting deadlines and productivity standards.
• Remain flexible for cross training
• Occasionally take on tasks outside the normal scope of practice
• Observe, identify, and do what is needed to move us forward in a way that best represents who we are as an organization
• Other duties as needed to help drive to our vision, fulfill our mission, and abide by our Organization’s Values
Benefits after roll over include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Accident, Cancer L/T & S/T Disability, & Benefit Time-off. Submit your employment application using your smart phone or PC to apply at ttps://jobs.redcarpetemp.com/signup or visit our office at 221 Laurel Street, Texarkana, AR 71854 & use one of our courtesy PCs. Call 870-772-4039 to ensure availability. Offer of Employment contingent on passing Interview Process, Background Check, & Pre-employment.
- Minimum of High School Diploma required
- Quick Learner
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Multitasking abilities
- Excellent Phone Etiquette
- Confidence in speaking to patients about money owed
- Detail-oriented with high accuracy
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to follow directions and meet deadlines
- Adaptable to a growing practice
- Good spoken and written English (strong grammar)
- Strong Computer Skills: MS Word and Excel, email, Windows 7 & 8,
- Goal Planning, setting, and attainment
- Strong experience of medical insurance/healthcare billing and collections work in a health system or medical practice
- Possess profound knowledge and understanding of rules and regulations affecting medical billing and insurance verification
- Strong skills in carrying out every part of the work process, i.e. development, implementation, and written appeals, effectively