INDEPENDENT LIVING SKILLS INSTRUCTOR - Temp to Hire (J/O # 4933)
INDEPENDENT LIVING SKILLS INSTRUCTOR - Temp to Hire (J/O #5029) M-F 3:00pm-10:00pm $12.50/hr. to start. Benefits after probation. Will be teaching life skills to socially challenged individuals. Requires PC proficiency. Tasks will include such things as purchasing groceries for the clients, picking up their prescriptions at the pharmacy, taking vitals: (blood pressure, temperature, etc.). You will be driving a company vehicle so interested Candidates MUST possess a clean driving record. This would be the idea position for someone retired, a Veteran or retired correctional officer. Submit your employment application using your smart phone or PC to apply at https://jobs.redcarpetemp.com/signup or visit our office at 221 Laurel Street, Texarkana, AR 71854 & use one of our courtesy PCs. Call 870-772-4039 to ensure availability. Offer of Employment contingent on passing Interview Process, Background Check, & Pre-employment drug test. Refer to "Client-supplied" job description below:
TITLE: Independent Living Skills Instructor (One-On-One)
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
PHI Access Level: 2
REPORTS TO: Community Home Director
Hours: Monday through Friday from 1:00pm – 9:00pm with a paid working lunch
A total of 40 hours per week
POSITION SUMMARY: Supervise, train, monitor, and transport individual living in a community-based living home. Assist in helping the individual live the most independent and successful life possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and maintain health and safety issues of the residents and the properties.
- Daily operation of the facility to include but not limited to: housekeeping, money management, cooking training, medical management, and grooming and hygiene.
- Supervise resident Money Management and disburse spending money as per Residential Manager.
- Responsible for resident training and other activities as scheduled
- Transport residents using Haven Home vehicle as per daily schedule and Residential Manager (Ex: work, medical, recreational, and other activities/appointments)
- Supervise residents’ leisure time activities as per daily schedule and Residential Manager
- Report all accidents/incidents to supervisor immediately
- Complete agency training programs in a timely manner, participate in other professional development as required and maintain all required certifications
- Report any maintenance issues to supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director, Community Home Director, and Assistant Residential Manager
Case Management Services
1. Accurately records electronic case notes that are an objective, current, non-judgmental summary description of the nature and content of the contact, and actions taken as a result of the contact and focus on the plan of services for the person served. Case notes will be recorded in the case note system within 24-hours of the contact.
2. Report monthly progress notes to requesting agency on each individual served assigned to your case load.
3. Assures individuals rights of persons served are protected by educating persons served and their employers, as agreed upon by the person served, on job accommodations, assistive technology devices, adaptive work equipment, natural supports, or guidance on behavior management techniques.
*This position requires occasional travel to various off-site locations.
This position does not supervise other staff.
- High School Diploma or equivalence with one or more years of experience providing development/training.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in the use of positive behavior supports, assistive technology devices, accommodations, learning styles, teaching techniques and Universal Design for Learning.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders (e.g., person served, contractors, community resources, etc).
- Knowledge, skills and abilities in identifying developmental needs unique to various diverse populations, including those of different genders, sexual orientation, ethnic group, race, and physical or mental capacity.
- Ability to work in a flexible environment, prioritizes and works effectively on multiple tasks simultaneously, and follows through on assignments and commitments.
- Excellent team player, organizational, problem solving, communication, and administrative skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of person-served information, and work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Experience working with diverse populations with a focus on individuals with disabilities.
Medium – Exert up to 30 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Physical demands are in excess of those of light work and usually requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
By signing below, I acknowledge that I have received a copy of this job description for Independent Living Skills Instructor (One-on-One). I further acknowledge that I am able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.