Medical Coding Assistant - TEMPORARY, with TEMP TO HIRE options (J/O #5028)
Location : Texarkana, TX
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 8810
Compensation : 15.00 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Required Education : High School Graduate or GED
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Category : Clerical
Job Description :
Medical Coding Assistant - TEMPORARY, with TEMP TO HIRE options (J/O #5028) M-F/8 am-5 pm, $14 - $16/per hr. DOE. Local company is looking for temporary Medical Coding Assistant to start by filling in for employee that is out for a Leave of Absence. Under general supervision of supervisor or manager the Coding Assistant team member is responsible for timely submission exceptions for billing. Review of coding errors and reconciliation of charges from clients. As well as auditing documents returned from the client for accuracy in the claims process. Special auditing projects will be assigned as needed by the organizations request. While this position is currently temporary if one shows initiative, strong interest in the position, and participates in company culture there is the possibility of becoming a long term member of this company. Submit your employment application using your smart phone or PC to apply at https://jobs.redcarpetemp.com/signup or visit our office at 221 Laurel Street, Texarkana, AR 71854 & use one of our courtesy PCs. Call 870-772-4039 to ensure availability. Offer of Employment contingent on passing Interview Process, Background Check, & Pre-employment drug test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews documentation for accuracy and completeness; obtains missing information.
- Knowledge of coding, rules and guidelines to submit invoices.
- Perform coding and billing tasks on a computerized health information technology (HIT) system.
- Utilize a combination of electronic health record (EHR) and paper patient records to perform billing duties; maintain an accurate, legally compliant medical record.
- Manage assigned accounts ensuring outstanding/pending claims are submitted in a timely manner.
- Communicate with health care providers, insurance claim representatives and other parties to clarify billing issues and facilitate timely submission.
- Consult supervisor, team members and appropriate resources to solve billing and coding questions and issues.
- Maintain work operations and quality by following standards, policies and procedures; escalate compliance issues to supervisor.
- Prepare reports and forms as directed and in accordance with established policies, codes, and will collect information for remote coder payrolls, and will perform quality audits.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties including but not limited to: answering phones; faxing and filing of confidential documents; and basic Internet and email utilization.
- Provide excellent and professional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Function as contributing team member while meeting deadlines and productivity standards.
Required Qualifications :
- Minimum of High School Diploma required
- Quick Learner
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Multitasking abilities
- Excellent Phone Etiquette
- Confidence in speaking to patients about money owed
- Detail-oriented with high accuracy
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to follow directions and meet deadlines
- Adaptable to a growing practice
- Good spoken and written English (strong grammar)
- Strong Computer Skills: MS Word and Excel, email, Windows 7 & 8
- Goal Planning, setting, and attainment
- Strong experience of medical insurance/healthcare billing and collections work in a health system or medical practice
- Possess profound knowledge and understanding of rules and regulations affecting medical billing and insurance verification
- Strong skills in carrying out every part of the work process, i.e. development implementation, and written appeals, effectively
Skills :Collections E-Mail Communication General Data Entry Medicaid Insurance Medical (Health) Insurance Medical Billing Medical Coding Medical Terminology Medicare Insurance Microsoft EXCEL Microsoft Word Multiline Phones Windows 7 Windows 8