Production & Manufacturing Workers-TEMP TO HIRE, (J/O #4976)
Production/General Labor Job Description
The organization provides full services for complex mechanical products, fabricated structures and systems that range from complete design services to prototype manufacturing, testing, production launch, full rate production and product service and sustainment. The organization provides quality products and services at affordable prices through a lean organizational structure. The company specializes in suspension, driveline, track systems, fabrications, armor product solutions, and platform level engineering services for the military ground vehicle industry. The organization’s Texas facility, located near the Army customer’s Red River Army Depot in Texas, supports product kitting and integration for both the Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) and Bradley Fighting Vehicle platforms.
Summary Assists painting and packaging activities by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
· Loads and moves materials to work area.
· Applies masking to articles.
· Cleans and prepares surface of articles to be painted.
· Paints parts with brush to cover scratches, chips or repairs in painted finish.
· Marks identifying code on workpiece to indicate destination for further processing.
· Racks workpieces on conveyor; and inspects, marks, and transfers finished pieces to packaging and shipping areas.
· Prepares necessary material to package and ship parts according to manufacturing requirements.
· Prepares parts for packaging and shipping.
· Packages parts for shipping.
· Cleans work area.
· Performs other routine duties.
· Operates crane to load and unload product.
· Applies rust inhibiter by brush, spray or dip.
· Uses various saws and nail guns to cut and assemble packaging.
To perform the job successfully, an individual will need to perform the following competencies.
Quantity of Work
The quantity of work produced and the promptness with which it is completed.
Quality of Work
The ability displayed and accuracy of work produced, meeting company standards, and requiring little to no rework.
Judgement/Knowledge of Job
Knowledge of job, techniques, skills, equipment, procedures, materials, etc.
Punctuality and attendance.
Willingness and cooperativeness with co-workers and supervisors; ability to accept constructive criticism.
The degree to which an employee searches out new tasks and expands their ability to perform assigned tasks without direct supervision.
Adherence to Policy
Follow quality environmental policies and have knowledge of AS9100 and IS14001
Adherence to Safety
Follow safety procedures, security protocol, and wear proper PPE.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.