Project Engineer Trainee - TEMP TO HIRE, (J/O #4955)
· Perform earthwork takeoffs, as requested, and deliver takeoff reports.
· Perform concrete takeoffs, as requested, and deliver takeoff reports.
· Receive new project opportunities, download bid documents, set up documents in server file structure and add to bid calendar.
· Print all necessary plans for applicable team members.
· Solicit material and subcontractor vendors for new bidding project opportunities.
· Set up estimates in HeavyBid as requested by Estimator / Project Manager.
· Keep server files organized and up to date.
· Ensure the latest version(s) of plans, specs and other contract documents are up to date on the server and organized in the proper format.
· Ensure all contracts, insurance certificates, etc. are up to date, scanned & filed on server.
· Ensure that DropBox is updated with all the latest contract document versions.
· Alert Project Manager to any updated drawings that may have cost impact.
· Print & bind plans, specs and other documents, as needed, by field & office.
Contracts, Subcontracts & Change Orders
· Prepare incoming subcontracts for signature and procure any bonds, insurance, prequalification statements or other contract requirements.
· Receive, review and prepare owner / GC change orders for execution.
· Prepare subcontracts and change orders for subcontractors.
· Prepare, distribute and file purchase orders for all major material purchases.
· Procure all necessary documentation and prepare submittal packages as required on new projects.
· Organize submittals by job and status, and save on server.
· Manage payment request schedule in coordination with Controller.
· Develop schedule of values, where required, with Project Manager input.
· Review production quantities with superintendents and compare against actual incurred costs to develop billing values. Secure final approval from Project Manager.
· Prepare payment applications and deliver to Controller for final client submission.
· Ensure all change orders are included in periodic billings.
· Keep digital versions of all payment applications accessible on the server.
· Call in original utility locates for new projects, and file in binder.
· Support administrative assistant, if required, for bi-weekly re-calls.
· Keep meeting minutes for all formal meetings.
· Track and document progress, updates and resolutions to all active action items.
· Provide periodic cost reporting to Director of Estimating & Project.
· Management, Project Manager and Vice President.
Knowledge in the following areas a plus
· Well spoken
· Good interpersonal skills
Submit your employment application using your smart phone or PC to apply at https://jobs.redcarpetemp.com/signup or visit our office at 221 Laurel Street, Texarkana, AR 71854 & use one of our courtesy PCs. Call 870-772-4039 to ensure availability. Offer of Employment contingent on passing Interview Process, Background Check, & Pre-employment drug test.