Revenue Cycle Manager - TEMP TO HIRE, (J/O #5000)
- The Manager is responsible for the financial performance of the revenue cycle for all clients portfolios.
- The Manager will have a good understanding of services provided by client and how these services are accurately billed to payers
- Manager will function as primary point of contact for the client to front end revenue cycle issues and help streamline business operations as they relate to the revenue cycle
- Manager will work collaboratively with coding/compliance departments to ensure providers are receiving appropriate training and feedback
- Manager will work in close partnership with the operational management team and all PBS departments in order to be proactive in assuring successful charge entry, resolution of accounts receivable and patient satisfaction
- Manages daily operating functions of revenue cycle process of billing, services and payment posting
- Develops and enforces revenue cycle policies and procedures
- Communicate effective strategies for improving revenue cycle process to client’s leadership and/or key stakeholders, internal team members, EMR vendors, Clearinghouse representatives as well as Collection Agency vendors on a regular basis as needed
- Takes action towards continuous improvement initiatives and demonstrates a proactive approach to innovative use of billing software, including more automation when necessary
- Proactively develop automation for billing and reporting functions
- Meets deadlines for month end close and reporting
- Produces accurate monthly revenue cycle reporting
- Proactively studies, recommends and leads implementation of revenue cycle improvements
- Manages compliance with Federal, State and payer rules and regulations and reporting, including, but not limited to educating all team members of appropriate workflow process to prevent a non-compliant event
- Maintains Credit Balances within acceptable standards according to the standard operating procedures for Credit Balances as agreed upon by clients
- Referrals to Collection Agencies as defined in the standard operating procedure and client agreed upon guidelines
- Guide and participate with appropriate management team members in conducting “special projects” as requested by client
- Participate in monthly management meetings to organize, coordinate and enhance service functions
- Provide monthly Client Activity Summaries and Progress Reports to Executive Management
- Maintain regular communications with Coding Department to monitor and resolve subsequent coding issues
- Support Operations as appropriate in calls or face-to-face meetings on behalf of clients to resolve reimbursement issues with difficult payers
- Promotes and maintains superior customer service to physicians, patients, and all other clients
- Handles in a professional and confidential manner all correspondence, documentation, and files
- Coordinates dissemination of updates pertaining to payer credentialing process and maintains constant communication with the Credentialing and Managed Care Contracting department.
- Oversees prospective audits in accordance with the Organization’s Corporate Compliance Policy
- Identifies denial/billing error trends through management of Days in AR and other billing metrics and communicates these items to key stakeholders
- Manages compliance with Federal, State and payer rules and regulations & reporting, including, but not limited to, credit balance reporting, etc.
- Promoting excellent customer service by all levels of the team members
- Interviews, hires, and trains a productive office team and conducts performance reviews that are focused on a balanced scorecard of performance, accountability, and personnel development
- Remains knowledgeable and proficient in all job functions and is active in monitoring and auditing team members work
- Keeps team members informed of changes in department, clients, policies, or procedures through daily communication and monthly team members meetings
- Retains high performing team members through timely feedback, coaching and supervision
- Addresses employee performance problems through effective and timely corrective actions
- Coordinates team members meetings for team members on a consistent basis
- Coordinates logistics for internal and external meetings and conferences
- Ensures team members workflow knowledge is appropriate for managing the day to day operations
- Maintain a thorough understanding of medical record practices, standards, regulations, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Organizations (JCAHO), Health Care/Finance Administration (HCFA), etc.
- Handles general clerical projects and requests
- Remain flexible for cross training
- Occasionally take on tasks outside the normal scope of practice
- Observe, identify, and do what is needed to move us forward in a way that best represents who we are as an organization
- Other duties as needed to help drive to our vision, fulfill our mission, and abide by our Organization’s Values.
- Benefits after roll over include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Accident, Cancer L/T & S/T Disability, & Benefit Time-off.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
· Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the ability to gain knowledge of our current practice management computer system. Should possess proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and Internet and Intranet research.
· Reasoning Ability:
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common federal payer guidelines, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Health Requirements:
In good health and able to work without restrictions as evidenced by Health Statement.
· Physical Demands:
Stooping, turning, bending, squatting, kneeling and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds; constant/repetitive standing; requires normal, correctable vision and hearing, and the ability to accurately discern color as necessary to perform job functions.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Submit your employment application using your smart phone or PC to apply at https://jobs.redcarpetemp.com/signup or visit our office at 221 Laurel Street, Texarkana, AR 71854 & use one of our courtesy PCs. Call 870-772-4039 to ensure availability. Offer of Employment contingent on passing Interview Process, Background Check, & Pre-employment Drug Test.