Vocational Direct Support Professional - Temp to Hire (J/O #5157)
Vocational Direct Support Professional - Temp to Hire (J/O #5157) $12.50/hr. to start + Medical, Life, Disability insurance & retirement plan, PTO, Sick Leave, Paid vacation & paid holidays. 7:30 - 4/M-F set by Executive Director, job requires 40 hours per week. Will be facilitating persons served in completing work training/adjustment to quality standards and prepares person served for competitive integrated employment. Requires PC proficiency. You will be driving a company vehicle so interested Candidates MUST possess Driver’s License with a clean driving record. Submit your employment application using your smart phone or PC to apply at https://jobs.redcarpetemp.com or visit our office at 221 Laurel Street, Texarkana, AR 71854 & use one of our courtesy PCs. Call 870-772-4039 to ensure availability. Offer of Employment contingent on passing Interview Process, Background Check, & Pre-employment drug test.
Refer to "Client-supplied" job description below:
TITLE: Vocational Direct Support Professional
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
PHI Access Level: 2
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
Hours: 7:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, or as set by Executive Director, job requires 40 hours per week.
POSITION SUMMARY: Facilitate persons served in completing work training/adjustment to quality standards and prepares person served for competitive integrated employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Transports individuals to and from the training center via work issued vans.
2. Implements the individual program plan (IPP) with the person served and other team members to ensure job skills are being learned and goals and objectives are being met. (i.e., Vocational Counselor, DDA Service Coordinator, Mental Health provider, etc.)
3. Maintain quality and quantity control to meet contract needs by assisting person served in completion of work tasks through teaching techniques.
Case Management Services
4. Accurately records electronic case notes that are an objective, current, non-judgmental summary description of the nature and content of the contact, and actions taken as a result of the contact and focus on the plan of services for the person served. Case notes will be recorded in the case note system within 24-hours or at the end of the business day.
5. Report monthly progress notes to requesting agency on everyone served assigned to your case load.
6. Record daily production records and report any supply needs to the COO.
7. Assures individuals rights of persons served are protected by educating persons served and their employers, as agreed upon by the person served, on job accommodations, assistive technology devices, adaptive work equipment, natural supports, or guidance on behavior management techniques.
8. Manages the local company’s contract ensuring all contract needs are met to satisfaction.
*This position requires regular travel to various off-site locations to provide career coaching, visit partners, vendors, potential employers, etc.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
9. Complete agency training programs in a timely manner and participate in other professional development as required, ensuring to maintain all certifications.
10. Assists in delivering health and wellness training sessions to persons served.
11. Maintain an appropriate workspace promoting safety in accordance with the established safety policies and industry standards.
12. Other job- related duties as described.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- At least 21 years of age, a high school diploma or its equivalent and one- year experience working with persons with disabilities.
- Access to reliable transportation to delivery services in remote locations, attend trainings, and meetings.
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to successfully complete audit and Child Maltreatment Central Registry checks, Criminal background check, and drug screening.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of person served information.
- Demonstrated skill and ability to apply life and career coaching theories and techniques in the delivery of services to diverse population.
- Demonstrated skill and ability to establish and maintain a customer focus to ensure that the expectations of stakeholders (e.g., persons served, employers, referring agencies, etc.) are met.
- Demonstrated skill in active listening.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and thrive in changing conditions.
- Demonstrated interpersonal sensitivity to include patience, tolerance, enthusiasm, compassion and empathy. Ability to develop rapport with a wide variety of diverse individuals.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast- paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking principles.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher).
- Experience working with diverse populations with a focus on individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to operate a forklift, handle materials, and utilize manual lift.
Medium – Exert up to 30 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Physical demands are in excess of those of light work and usually requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
Medium - General warehouse environment frequently exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise, fumes, dust, etc.)